Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Newest picture book excerpt...

I am counting the days until our adoption is final! So excited! I have always told our little man "his story" - how much he understands at two, I am not sure. But I always wanted to write a picture book that would make adoption magical in a child's eyes. It is magical to me as the mom, but I want him to always know what a miracle his placement in our home was and continues to be...here is an excerpt from the work-in-progress... YOU ARE MY FAVORITE COLOR! *************************************** What is in her belly, Momma? A baby, my sweet. How did it get in there? God took little pieces of Heaven and tossed them into the air. They fluttered and fell to the earth and nestled themselves into the bellies of many different women. Sounds scary, Momma. Not scary, my love. A miracle. A sweet, sweet miracle. Was I in your belly, Momma? You, my dear, grew in your first momma’s belly. But how did I find you, Momma? What a wonderful story. It was God. God helped you to find me. How, Momma? God chose for us to be a family. Your forever family.

How does he choose, Momma? He matched the color of your heart to mine. A perfect match.

20 comments:

Jenster said...

Beautiful!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

This is a book YOU'RE writing? I need to share this excerpt with my best friend Heather (Hud & Shep) her kiddos are both adopted.

H

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Yep...just got a rejection from an agent...wanna be my agent??? :)

Saša G. said...

Never liked agents, managers, representatives...
You put words together so gently, Michelle and You could never do that If You didn't feel It. /sorry, grammar:(/ Love is everything! You made Me cry, "matching heart colors"... only special people come up with that:) I am happy for You and your family.

Too Little Time said...

Beautiful! Karrie

Alison said...

Congrats!! I love your excerpt..I would love a copy when you get it published!!! We need more adoption children's books our there!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

How sweet!

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Tonight's forecast....chance of ego with slight swelling of the head.

Thanks y'all!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I have 3 nephews who are adopted. They are no less part of our family than my other nieces and nephews. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Well Michelle you brought s tear to my eye with your words. You need to find a way to publish some books on your own and sell on E-bay and by word of mouth. Seems to me you have already sold several right here! Skip the agent! Keep praying IT WILL HAPPEN. You have to much talent and love to share for it NOT to happen.

Anonymous said...

Well Michelle you brought s tear to my eye with your words. You need to find a way to publish some books on your own and sell on E-bay and by word of mouth. Seems to me you have already sold several right here! Skip the agent! Keep praying IT WILL HAPPEN. You have to much talent and love to share for it NOT to happen.

Anonymous said...

I was directed to your site from juliansworld. I loved the cheesy cross story. And now I find myself reading your beautiful words about adoption. Thanks.

Julie said...

That was very touching - brought a tear to my eye, too!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

This is your year girl. I feel it in my bones. Don't give up.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow Kemper, did I ever have the Birds and Bees all wrong! LOL

May I be the first to buy a copy of it...one for me, but another for Steve. It's hilarious, Offspring is blasting on my PC and he is banging his head back and forth. My little rocker!

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

How did your agent reject that? I think that must be the most beautiful story about adoption that I've read. I'll be your agent!

Unknown said...

Oh Michelle . . . that was lovely, just lovely!!!! Gave me chills because I love it so much. So beautiful.. You are amazing and so inspiring!

Shellie said...

A perfect description of adoption! I feel exactly the same way about my boy. Don't give up; each rejection is one step closer to the acceptance.

AlaneM said...

That is wonderful! My sis gave her first up for adoption & it's turned into the best thing ever! He's now 16 & they have a strong bond between the families...it's a VERY open adoption - He considers her other children his sibs & calls our parents g'ma & Pa.

monica said...

Just found your site through Mimi's site. We are in the process of being approved for adoption. Already, your book clip brings tears to my eyes. I love it and want to read more!! Must remember to check back for when you get it out there and I get to buy it from a store shelf! I'm sold!!!