Tuesday, January 29, 2008

B-O-R-I-N-G....

So, I have decided that I have got to be the most BORING person in the world. Here is my day at a glance...get the toothpicks, use them to hold up your eyelids and continue reading...humor me. 6:00am - for some reason I am awake...the only person awake in the house...this NEVER happens. get up, shower, heat up left-over coffee and sit down at my computer. work on an adoption picture book manuscript for a while. 7:00am - baby is up. snuggle. start making lunches. 8:20am - kids on bus. play in rain with golf ball - baby's idea, not mine. 9:30am - head to Target. buy a potty seat, a booster seat, laundry detergent, liquid plumber, baby slippers and chocolate covered Altoids. 11:00am - head home. 11:45am - eat lunch. 1:00pm - my mom pops in for a visit. 1:30pm - baby down for nap. 1:30-3:00pm - laundry and editing of picture book. answer some emails. 4:00pm - speech therapist comes for baby's therapy. kids come home from school. 5:30pm - eat dinner. roasted turkey breast, peas and butternut squash. 7:30pm - baby to bed. 8:00pm - American Idol. fold laundry. 9:00pm - big kids to bed. 9:20pm - web, email, blog, editing, other writing. eat some ice cream. 11:30pm - chat with Dawn and Steph while I teach myself about site feeds...what?! 12:18am - still here. craving more ice cream. I struggle each day with feeling not-so-productive. Now I know why! Sheesh.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great day is what that is. My favorite part? Mom dropping by for a visit. That's what I want to do when I'm a grandma!

Enjoy it. Slow, ordinary days are treasures!

Dawn said...

You accomplished more than I did! Pat yourself on the back. I just followed Clay around, cleaning up one mess after another. That's what I do pretty much every day.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Well then...we're the "boring sisters"....Yest. I spent a long time explaining to Luke why it's more proper to wipe boogers on a kleenex than on mommies new leather couches. I still don't think he get's it. By the way, how are those chocolate altoids. The regular one's give me a brain freeze. I found a new "yum yum treat". I don't know if you have those QT Quik Trip gas stations in PA, but if so you have to run inside and try out their "milkshake" machine. It ROCKS! You pick out your favorite flavor of old fashioned style milkshake flavor (choc, straw, vanilla) from the lil mini fridge underneath the blender machine. Peel off foil top, place container in blender machine and push start and thick, thicker, thickest milkshake and it sucks it up into machine, blends away then lowers back down for you to take out. OH MY GOODNESS. It's the best and only $1.99. ROCK ON! The chocolate one was to die for. I didn't care that it was 20F last night when I picked one up, it was to die for.Treat yourself to one if you can.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Almost forgot, they have real fruit smoothies too in the machine right next to that one that blends their smoothies....And yes. it is 4 am and I'M awake.

Sauntering Soul said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

I'm boring too. My day yesterday:

I went to work. Came home. Cooked canned biscuits for dinner. Watched American Idol. Went to bed. It's just a party a minute in my life.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

See, when you break it down, you realize that you REALLY DID accomplish a lot. And playing in the rain with a golf ball? Well, that only happens a few times in your life, so be glad you got to do it!

Julie said...

You did way more stuff than I did:

6:15-got up, made oldest son lunch
6:50-took son to bus stop, waited 10 minutes, found out there was no school
7:05-went back to bed
7:30-babies woke up, coaxed them back to sleep
9:30-got up, fed babies breakfast
started laundry
9:30-12:30 more laundry, cleaned kitchen & bathroom, checked emails & read blogs
12:30-made lunch for kids, more laundry (hey, there's 7 of us...)
1:00-4:45-showered (finally) then hung out with kids
5:00-8:00-fed babies & cut fabric to make burp cloths
8:00-10:15-hung out with hubby and his cousin, then went to bed.

Wow, it sounds even LESS productive when I put it down on "paper"!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Ah the speech therapist. I much as I miss all of Peanut's therapists, I don't miss the time it takes out of my exciting day! Wait a minute, that's the only adult conversation I had all day! Bring them back, bring them back!

shelly k said...

hey shell-check out my blog
thekingsmountain.blogspot.com

you've inspired me to actually write in it

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I used to feel the same way. Then I realized that instead of being boring people, what we're really doing is being good moms. Our kids need the structure and the times when you have no plans at all and can play in the rain with a golfball.
You're just being a good mom!

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

WOW!
You all make me feel so good! My problem lies in the fact that my husband is so good at making the most of his time. I just know if he was an at-home-dad - this house would be immaculate. Of course the kids would be BORING! HAHA

Christina said...

LOL your day doesn't sound all that boring at all! Chocolate covered altoids? ICK!!!

Anonymous said...

See Ken, just like I always said...never time for us men!!!!
LOL