Monday, January 14, 2008

I have surfaced...

From under a huge pile of photos, stacks of specialty papers, with sticky-thingies stuck to my forehead and a few empty wine bottles, I emerge!
Me and my girls had a blast this weekend! We ate good food, watched good movies, scrapped good pictures and had more than 1,000 good great big huge cross-your-legs-or-you'll-pee-yourself laughs!
Here's the proof! Proof that we were productive. Proof that we scrapped more than we imbibed. Proof that when you have a retreat at your own house, you don't get NEARLY as much done as when you are held captive in a hotel and someone else feeds you for the weekend! We actually SLEPT this time!

(see the rectangular hole I cut so the words show through a page-turn?? Love that!)

So, there it is - that is ALL I got done! BUT, the "girlfriend stuff" was worth a few less layouts!

I am blogging and simultaneously working on a book dummy for Macy-Sue that I will send to an agent who requested it tomorrow or Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thank you so much for all your words of advice and for your votes on my Macy-Sue versions. Someone asked me to post all my versions of her, I thought about it, but I figured it would just add to my indecisive confusion on what the market wants! I think I am going with the original Macy-Sue but just spruce her up a bit...and I may just add unruly red curls. That was the concensus...unruly, red curls! Love it! *****************************************

Julian is hangin' on! His breathing has slowed and he sleeps alot. Mimi says he is just skin and bones. The 24 hour hospice was deemed not necessary by a doctor that has never even laid eyes on our sweet boy...Mimi is now 'Nurse Mommy' - like she needs one more thing to do...pray for her. She is sick and although she rarely mentions it, I am sure she is exhausted...physically and emotionally. Continue to pray for Juju! He is hangin on...literally hanging! Mimi says it is as if he is waiting for something.

11 comments:

Too Little Time said...

A sweet little angel - Praying - karrie

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Yeah, I'm glad you are going with the original Macy Sue. I did like both, but the first was my favorite. Love the red unruly curls. That's what I wanted one of my girls to have, but they went with my straight as a board, fine, won't do a thing hair.

Praying for Julian and his family every night. Doctors! I want to strangle them sometimes.

Grandmother Goddess of the Garden said...

I am soooo glad you had the fun you deserved...Julian, as always, has my prayers...for a peaceful passing and for his family...especially Mimi, especially for her health...her family is going to need her.

Grandmother Goddess of the Garden said...

I forgot to wish you the luck you deserve with Macy Sue...let me know when so I can be one of the first libraries to purchase and read at Story Time...peace to you Michelle.

Julie said...

Julian's mom sounds like a wonderful woman who is doing what we all should do more of - turning to worship God when things are good AND when they're bad. My continued prayers are with them.

Your scrapbook pages are cute - and I like that they aren't super "busy" like some I've seen! You did a nice job. Looking forward to hearing how the book is coming along soon!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful job on the layouts. Glad you had a great time. You deserve it!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Unruly red curls=AWESOME! Glad you had such a productive scrappin time. Poor JuJu, just breaks my heart. Now get to bloggin in your FREE time.....(wink)

Anonymous said...

What a precious little guy. I can't imagine...
I will pray for him tonight, and his family.

Lisa said...

For what it's worth... I showed the pics and read what you have about Macy-Sue and my 6yo would love to read all about her. She liked the first picture you had up also.

Glad you were able to get some scrapping done. I'm soooo far behind I don't know if I could ever catch up. Since I went to a digital camera I have not even printed very many pictures out. Maybe I should just start a digital scrap book.

My 10yo remembers Julian in our family paryers every night. He's such a beautiful child blessed with an awesome mom/family.

Dawn said...

I'm so glad you had a nice weekend with your friends! I just love time with friends like that - when you laugh and laugh. It's a great way to unwind and recharge a bit. I love your layouts! Wanna come over and tackle my 500 gallon bucket o' pics? ;)
As always, I'm praying for Juju and his family. and now I'm praying this agent loves Macy-Sue as much as the rest of us do!
Oh and thank you for the letter to Austin! You have the neatest writing I've ever seen! :)

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I have decided that I'm going to mail you the bag of things I've collected from the kids little lives to scrapbook and just have you do it because now that I've seen yours, I know mine will never look like that. Expect a Big huge package any day now.
And since you're the one who taught me how to do the linky thing, how do you type words with the line through them?
And poor Julian. I was just thinking of him this morning. He's always in my thoughts and prayers. And so is his dear mother.