Thursday, January 17, 2008

The evil white particles fall to earth...

While my babes were out playing in the snow and I was thinking how warm my non-frozen butt was...see past SNOW post! I found a great recipe in my Kraft Foods magazine! If you don't get this magazine - you need to. The cover price is $4.95 but if you sign up online it is COMPLETELY FREE! The recipes are so good and the whole premise is that you can make great recipes from ready-to-eat, semi-prepared groceries. So, I found a great recipe that would be easy, quick to prepare while watching my 2-year old bounce off the walls and something that I could keep warm while the snow bunnies played without the fear over overcooking. It is called Shipwreck Dinner and this is what you do.... Brown 1 lb of lean ground beef and drain. Add a box of Mac n' Cheese dinner (unprepared) noodles and powdered sauce Add a can of stewed tomatoes (I used Italian diced tomatoes) with liquid Add 1 cup of frozen peas Add 1 cup of milk Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover. Let cook for 12 minutes or until noodles are cooked. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top and let melt. Everyone loved it! That's always a good thing! Check out that Kraft Foods Gig! I save every single issue with my cookbooks! It is a phenomenal resource!! *********************************** Will keep you updated on Julian as soon as I have today's news. Will shout from the mountain tops when that agent says..."sign on the dotted line!"

7 comments:

Alison said...

That looks yummy and I bet my kids would eat it!!
Thanks for the heads up on the that site for husbands..I am heading on over there right now to check it out!!
Congrats to you also..I can't wait to hear your story!!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

What? NO cheesy crosses? Wink

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Hmm....shipwreck dinner. I'll have to remember that name as I'm sure it'll be the next "mystery in a ziploc baggie" contest.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Hmm....shipwreck dinner. I'll have to remember that name as I'm sure it'll be the next "mystery in a ziploc baggie" contest.

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

We had snow, too, but it was too powdery for snowmen. I'll have to check out that website. I'm always looking for quick, easy and kid friendly. Thanks!

Grandmother Goddess of the Garden said...

Let me know when the agent calls I'll shout from my mountain top!

Anonymous said...

I get those magazines too. I don't use all the cream cheese or salad dressing that their recipes call for but there are some yummy dishes in there.

Just don't try making the chocolate candy cane cookies from December's magazine. Let's just say ours didn't look like candy canes. I think I'll have to post the pictures on my blog.