Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The next American Idol...

Well, Manic told me she had too much goin' on to blog live so she did semi-live....I guess that got me out of trouble...cause I didn't do it either. You know what they say..."The best laid plans..." sidebar...why does that finish, "of mice and men?" Do mice and men really have that many plans? Really? I am not sure I get that! So, this is the POST IDOL SHOW DOWN!! (haha I like that! kinda catchy) First up, Michael Johns......Three words... Y U M! I just love this guy, so does Manic!! He is just so smooth and already a rock star in my book! Then, Jason Dredlocks. Great job! He just has the cleanest face, doesn't he? Do you think he has EVER shaved a day in his life? I doubt it. I just wanna feel his cheeks. And, who woulda thunk (yes, I am a 'hick' and yes, I know that is not a real word!) that someone would perform on Idol with a Ukulele...that took...ummmmm....chihuahuas! Hmmmm, Kristy Lee Cook. I got nothin'! NEXT! Quirky Sayesha was my early favorite! I loved her voice tonight! She rocked the house, I think. I still really like her but I am not seeing her connect with the crowd like some of the others. A little nervous for my girl! I like David Cook! I didn't love this song! Loved the hand-thing! All about supporting a passion! This was my least fave performance for David, though. Carly PaintedArm has an amazing voice! I love it! But I have to agree with Simon....wait, did I actually just say that?...she sang ANGRY tonight! Good, but angry! My wee little one, David Archuleta! (or as my new friend, Haley calls him, "the little brother of America!") Need.to.squeeze.his.cheeks. I think, besides his unFREAKINGbelieveable voice, I love his humility! The looks on his face when the girls squeal, watching his chest heave as he breathes deep when Simon gives him praise, it is just too much for me. I cry! Last but not least, Brooke the Hippy! I really like Brooke. She is the 21st century Edie Brickell, who I loved in college. She is like Natalie Merchant. However, her rendition of "You've Got a Friend" didn't WOW me like she has in the past. Hmmmmmm. So, my prediction (like you even asked) ... BOTTOM THREE: Sayesha, Carly and Kristy Lee SAY BYE-BYE TO: Kristy Lee! (sorry) ***************************************** Adoption is Wednesday at 10:15! I AM BEYOND EXCITED!! HUMBLED and OH SO GRATEFUL! Will try to post pictures for you tomorrow but am totally relying on friends with cameras b/c ours got dropped over the weekend and is DEAD!!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Don't watch American Idol myself (no TV, remember), but I have watched in the past. The last time I watched regularly was when Taylor Hicks won (yeah, Taylor WHO?? - Funny how you end up not hearing much from the winner after the show is over, but then the other contestants have new songs coming out right and left (Hello, Carrie Underwood, Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry...) Still liked your commentary though. The cheek thing cracked me up - there's a guy that works at a local restaurant that I think the same thing about sometimes!!

Anyhoo - my real reason for checking in this morning was to let you know how excited I am for your adoption...I can only imagine how much today will mean to you and your family. That said, have a great day!!

Rebecca said...

Ooh! So excited for you! Have a great day today!!!

MaBunny said...

I don't watch American Idol, so havenocluewho you are referring too. But I'm so happy for youon the adoption!! Congratualtions!

Alsoaside note that I am hosting my first ever contest on my blog to celebrate my 100th post. It is open to anyone so I hope tosee you there.

Grandmother Goddess of the Garden said...

Congratulations...talking about perfect timing and presentation...I am so happy for your and your family...Kendra

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the big day! I've been thinking of you all morning and can't wait to hear how the adoption goes/went.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

By now it should be official, you're adoptive parents. So exciting. Can't wait to see the pic's even if it's from a camera phone.

Heather

Kim Wheedleton said...

Happy Adoption Day to your littlest man! All of you must be sooooo happy today...congratulations!

Kim Wheedleton said...

Ooooh! And did you know - today is National Siblings Day?? Very cool...

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Carly's not out girlfriend. Not yet. But she may have dropped out of the final four.

I too think about Jason's face and how smooth it is. I too wonder if perhaps he is maybe like that pregnant man on Oprah--woman inside? Does he have no testosterone? He is too beautiful.

I love how you described the Little Brother of America!

Great job my friend! Oh, and I pimped you like the whore that you are over on my blog today! : )

She NEVER READ IT BTW!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Adoption Day! YAY!