Monday, April 14, 2008

Mimi touched OPRAH...

OK, what a whirlwind of a morning it has been! CRAZY! After getting herded like cattle around the HARPO STUDIOS, we made it into the actual set! WE WERE PEEING!!! We have no photos because we weren't allowed to take cameras or cell phones into the studio...sorry! It was an awesome experience...I thought my face was going to break from smiling...apparently Manic watched already and said she didn't see us in the audience and NO THEY DIDN'T SURPRISE US AND HAVE US ON THE SHOW!!!!! Told you!!!! Oprah was cracking jokes during commercials when her make-up/hair people weren't covering her cleavage, fluffing her hair, fixing her make-up or handing her medicine - yeah, she was a little under-the-weather! But totally fun! Mariah Carey is the size of a lamp post. Seriously, I think she weighs 46 lbs. Somebody give the girl a hoagie, please! She sang "BYE-BYE" from her album E=MC2 that comes out tomorrow - we patted Mimi as it was a song about losing someone you love. We got Mariah perfume when we left as our gift! Nope, no car! :) When Oprah left the studio she reached up into the crowd and Mimi shook her hand. We told Mimi not to wash her hands and then if she ended up getting sick next week she could tell everyone she caught Oprah's cold!!!!!!! How cool was that???!!!! We then shopped at the O Store - yes, the woman has her own store! It's cool with fun, comfy clothes, coffee mugs, specialty tea, etc...everything had an O on it! Well, it is almost time to check out and say good-bye to my BLOGGIN' MAMAS, so I will sign off but please let me know what you thought of the show! Maybe YOU saw us when Manic blinked!!

22 comments:

Theresa said...

It's on at 4 pm here in L-town. I will tape it (no I don't have tivo) just in case I miss ya'all...did I say that right, Mimi.

So glad to hear that you had a good time. I hope your trip home is relaxing, Michelle.

Love T

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Not on till 4 here either, but I have been thinking of you guys all day! I was thinking maybe she would have busted you guys up stage and you would go and have lunch with her. (or hold her kleenex while she sneezed). So glad to be living vicariously through your posts!

AlaneM said...

Man am I jealous, sounds like you crazy gals had a blast! Fun to see the pix of you all together, I'm so glad Mimi got such a cool trip & you got to meet each other in person. What a blessing :)

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

1 more hour and Oprah comes on down here in TX. What color clothes were ya'll wearing? Ya'll should give something you bought at the Oprah store away as a contest prize, if you got something little like and Oprah shot glass or spoon, maybe one of her diet books. Wink

H

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

P.S. Is she (O) nice in person?

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I DID NOT BLINK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was sooo excited for you girls though!!!!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

I didn't blink either and didn't see ya. But, I would have been boohooing if I was Mimi hearing that song. Don't you think it's a total God thing that ya'll got to see Mariah, also known as Mimi sing a song about recent loss of a loved one. Those are the kind of things you just can't plan. Glad ya'll had such a great time.

nomi said...

There's still 40 minutes until O is on here! But I'll be watching! That's too bad you didn't get on stage, but still, this will be the best O yet, just knowing you girls were part of it!!

Unknown said...

I missed it! :( I had to go visit DH at the hospital and see if they have decided what is wrong with him.

Patty said...

I watched (in between the baby fussing and making a ton of noise, my husband coming home and giving me the "are you really crying about a song by Mariah Carey" look and whining about not being able to find his keys so he could get to class) and it was so cool. Did you all notice Mariah's favorite bathrobe? IT HAD A YELLOW/GOLD BUTTERFLY ON IT!!!! UNREAL. Julian is watching his mama.
Can't wait to read all the updates.

Texasholly said...

Super cool!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i watched... did not see you gals at all... manic did not blink...glad you had a great time and can't wait to see more pics :-)

Shellie said...

I didn't see you either but I taped it so maybe if you pause at the audience shots and look with a magnifying glass... How great you had fun and got perfume and Mimi got to shake her hand... I was sure I heard you screamin there Michelle!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

PS--forgot to tell you, my friend Cathy came over and was watching the show with me and SHE was crying during Mariah's song, and she said, "I just can't stop crying because I feel so bad for Mimi!"

All she knows of Mimi is what I've told her. Everyone loves Mimi! I am so glad I got to meet her! HI MIMI!!!!!! xoxoxo

MaBunny said...

Nope didn't see any of your. My daughter and I watched the show right up close as to not miss anyone in the auience, lol.
Glad you had a good time though

Kathy said...

Oh what a wonderful experience. I wish I could do that! Just soak it all in for the rest of us.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

You are prolly travelin' home now, can't wait to hear more and see more pic's when you return. Heather

SuddenlySouthernCyndi said...

Okay, you girls had way too much fun and all I can say is this bloggin' mama wants to be part of your Scooby gang and join you all on your next adventure!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Well, SHOOT!! I deleted that Oprah show because I absolutely detest Mariah Carey... Grrrr... I would have suffered through if I had known you were in THAT audience!!

Hey - you guys look like you were sitting in the same booth we sat in at the Italian Village! Tres cool.

Glad you had such a great time!

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I watched every second of it and was so sad to not see you guys! It sounds like you had a great time. I have this same dream of going to see Ellen. I love her!
All of this just sounds like it was an amazing experience!

Anonymous said...

Heard Mariah sing the song last night on American Idol...very moving.

Glad you had a blast!

Laski said...

I have it DVRed. I'm going to watch it one more time just to make sure I can't pick you out of the crowd!

So happy you had a wonderful time!!!