Monday, April 28, 2008

MORE 4 the kids...

So, I have decided to merge the two ideas I have been mulling over in my brain these last few weeks. A couple posts ago I told you about my NAMESAKES and then I dove right into the 4 the kids project. I had so many comments saying that if I listed the NAMESAKES my readers, YOU, would be interested so...how about NAMESAKES that have the same rules as 4 the kids? 50% of proceeds donated to pediatric cancer! I will offer up NAMESAKES and for 24 hours you can reserve yours! 24 hours only! Those who wish to purchase can use PayPal or mail me a check. Then I will take no more orders until I have those caught up....then I will offer another "lot" and so on... Here's the FUN part...I will place numbers in a basket based on how many people order and at the end of the 24 hours, I will pull a number. That number will coincide with the order in which the orders came in via my comments section on THAT post. If I choose YOUR number, your NAMESAKE IS 1/2 PRICE! That way, 50% of all proceeds still are 4 the kids! The winner will simply pay the donated 50%! Sound cool? These are one-of-a-kind pieces that will celebrate your child and will match their decor, favorite hobby, etc. Leave your ideas, comments and suggestions below!

3 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

OK soooooo I would LOOOVE something to show the relationship between Down syndrome and Leukemia... did you know that 1 in 100 kids with Down syndrome will get Leukemia at some point in their life? While they have a greater risk of getting Leukemia they also have a greater chance of beating it, which is a good thing... AND they have a lower chance of getting other kids of cancers. ANYWAY you are more than welcome to use Kennedy's pictures for features of Down syndrome and I can get you any more info you may need! :)

Theresa said...

I hope you are feeling better. So sorry to hear that you are stressed. (But I guess that is better than something more serious, right?)

I'll copy this an put on tomorrow's post.

Thinking of you,
Love Theresa

Julie said...

Is there a price range for the Namesakes, or are you going to do it auction style?