Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Get your CARDS...CANCER CARDS...

Well, thanks to all of you and your GIANT virtual kick in the pants, the first batch of 4 the kids cards are ready for the taking! Just head over to my CAFE PRESS store front and start shopping- there are only 3 options available, but there will be more coming soon! I have some surprises in my "briefcase" of designs but I still want to play around some and upload them a little at a time! The same deal goes for CAFE PRESS as does the artwork sold on MY Semblance - 50% of ALL proceeds go to pediatric cancer. I will keep a running tally in the sidebar of how much money has been raised and what the money has gone to so you can watch the blessings grow! If you can't make a purchase, no worries, simply bookmark this blog, FWD it or email a link. Above all this endeavor needs prayer. Send the message across the globe to help fight childhood cancer...let's move mountains! People have asked me why I want to dive into this world of cancer, why I want to surround myself with suffering, why I offer to inundate my brain with the sadness that cancer brings...a good question...one I will let Haley answer for you... My whole life, it has always been 4 the kids!

11 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Awesome blossom. I'm proud of you. Gotta head on over to Cafe Press now. When are you going to tell me if your order made it to you....Heather

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I think you would probably do it even if you didn't have kids. You just seem like one of those amazing people who are always there to help out and try to make things better.
I'm gonna go check it out now!

Theresa said...

Please stop by to see my featured cutie of the day. I have also posted this, ok?

"And don't forget to stop by Michelle's blog to see what she is selling to benefit pediatric cancer. Click on the link for My Semblance of Sanity under the blogs I stalk."

I don't know how to set it up so they can just click on 'Michelle'. Sorry. No time to figure it out!

God has given you a voice! Use it to Glorify His name. You are doing an awesome job (by the way).

Love you, T

Theresa said...

Oh, and the cards...just perfect! Sorry I didn't mention it in the above post. Are they blank inside?

T

Anonymous said...

You are so talented. And caring. And sweet. And loving. And generous.

Lately as I read your blog it makes me want to do more. There is so much good I could be doing every day instead of sitting at a desk in front of a computer writing software.

You are using your talents to bless others. That is a wonderful blessing in itself!

Anonymous said...

I think it is wonderful what you are doing but.... how are these "Cancer Cards"? Are the cards blank inside? The pictures on the front don't dipict cancer. I am just confused.

I do however, wish you the best of luck.

Take My Life... said...

You rock !!! Michelle!!
I will be linking to here or to coffee press on my next post !!!
I love you and hope you slept ok!!!
Mimi
Dont you love when people leave nice anonymous messages??

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

The anonymous commenter has me thinking...

First of all, half the proceeds go to cancer so that is the main reason WHY they are "CANCER CARDS" - that way, even if you are not sending it to a survivor, you can still be supporting the kids.

Secondly, how do you know that woman on the card does not have cancer? You might be surprised to know that many people can live somewhat normal lives without bearing the "typical" bald head. The "Let go...let God" depicts someone's (maybe a friend's) few words when they know of nothing else to say.

That's why they are CANCER CARDS.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I forgot to put on the other post, I would be honored to have you use Kennedy's artwork on your cards! :o) Thank you SO much for asking! I'll get it to you this week!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Great job Michelle, I will post a link to your cafe site on my blog! You are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Ok, thanks for the explanation. Didn't mean to get you ruffled by any means. I just read earlier that you were going to come up with cards for special occasions like up coming scans, "no mo chemo", etc. I thought that is what you meant by "cancer cards".

Again, best of luck.