Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kate Gosselin...here I come!

I am sooooo excited...
On November 14th I will be spending the afternoon with someone I have recently bonded with although she doesn't know we have bonded. Someone I think has an amazing head on her shoulders. Someone I admire for her strong Christian values. Someone who may dislike messes but sure knows how to show her kids a good time. Someone who is not afraid to be real. Someone who doesn't pretend to have it ALL together ALL of the time. Someone who hopefully won't think I am a stalker when I say,

"OHMYGOSHKATEIJUSTTHINKYOUARETHEBESTTHINGANDIJUSTKNOWIFWEHUNGOUTYOUWOULDLIKEME,YOUWOULDREALLYLIKEME!"

On November 14th I am headed to the WOMEN OF PURPOSE conference in Hershey, PA. Kate is one of the speakers and although my friends that I am going with think I am going to tackle her and embarrass them with my giddy squealing, I assure them I will be composed and normal. LOL! They giggle when I refer to myself as normal! Just because I am fun! Really fun!

In all seriousness though...I am truly not psychotic. I just really hate when people who insist their poo don't stink throw slander in the direction of someone who is NOT asking for it! Kate has never asked for anyone's opinion and yet there are people who spend hours each week blogging about her and usually not in a nice way.

I love that Kate has scripture hanging from every cabinet in her kitchen. I have scripture in my kitchen. It helps to keep me focused. It helps to remind me of where my mind should be when someone pees on the floor or feeds play-doh to the dog.

I love that Kate is REAL on the show. She doesn't fake anything. If she is annoyed with Jon, he is quite aware. And you if you watch the show enough, he has said more than once that they are not the kind of couple that WANTS to hold it in...they find comfort in letting it out. Now if she was whacking him in the back of the head with a frozen turkey leg, that might be a bit extreme, but she is simply being honest and open. How can anyone find fault with that?

So, I am so excited to meet Kate and have her sign their new book and give her 8 NAMESAKES! Yes, between now and November 14th, I will make each of the kids their own NAMESAKE. Ironically, I make NAMESAKES to raise money for Childhood Cancer Families and Jon & Kate's charity of choice is Childhood Cancer. Even more ironic...I instituted a new facet of fundraising to my foundation its4thekids and it is a YARD SALE fundraiser - kind of similar to an Alex's Lemonade Stand...hold a yard sale and donate your profits to its4thekids! Jon & Kate just held a yard sale and raised $1000 for Childhood Cancer! Good minds think alike!

I love their new website! Check it out!

This post is in SUPPORT of Kate. Let me know your favorite thing about the Gosselin 10! If you have nothing positive to say, please don't bother leaving a comment, I am not interested in your opinion.

10 comments:

Ginny Clark said...

oh my gosh, you get to go listen to her speak, and meet her :) how exciting for you. I love watching her and Jon, I dont know how they do it. Life just seems so crazy at times in their house.
my favorite thing about the Gosselins...mmmmm, I would have to say its the candid openeness...
I LOVE THEM

MaBunny said...

Oh wow Michelle! One of your many dreams is coming true! I would LOVE to meet Kate. She is a totally awesome person. My 9 yr old daughter loves to watch that show and can name all the kids. I on the other hand don't (won't) watch 5 episodes in a row but do watch it and do admire her and Jon.
I wanna see the namesakes when your done with them!

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

I definitely appreciate their honesty/candidness about how hard it is sometimes to be a parent.

Pretending to have it all together isn't what makes someone endearing; its showing that you are not perfect. That is what people relate to because no one is perfect. We all secretly want to be comforted about our parenting ability...and I think watching a show like J&K+8 does just that. It is comforting to see someone else struggle sometimes as a parent; not because you 'take pleasure in their pain', but because its a reminder that you are not the only one struggling.

Parenting is the hardest job in the world because it holds so much responsibility. And when people put on a charade or get judgmental, it just makes it so much harder for the rest of us.

So I definitely applaud Jon and Kate for being brave enough to be real in front of millions of viewers.

Jenster said...

So cool!!! I wish I was going. (Why didn't I know about this sooner, I'm asking myself).

1. I love Kate and Jon. I even had a dream the other night I had twin boys - Grey 1 and Grey 2 - and Kate was in the dream!

2. I would go just to hear Kay Arthur. She's amazing.

3. I used to live two houses down from Sue Dodge's brother and sister-in-law in Arkansas.

And that's all I got.

Lolosblog said...

I can't name one thing I like about the show, I like everything about it. They are such great parents and an awesome family. My granddaughter (2 years old) love to watch all those kids together. I think she feels left out sometimes. She is after all an only child.

Anonymous said...

That is SO awesome that you get to meet Kate!!! My 2 1/2 year old son, LOVES watching the show. If he sees a commercial for it he'll say, "Hey Mommy, I like them!" :) He was in a phase of not sleeping in his room, and one night we watched how the sextuplets all sleep in their own rooms, and sure enough, he's been sleeping in his room ever since, HONEST! That's why I love J&K! :) I can't wait to see the Namesakes.

Christina Gomez
tinasimp3@comcast.net

Diane B said...

Whaaatttt!!! You are a brave girl to have Jon and Kate postings after the 'big J&K debate'. Rock on sister!!

Don't you find it interesting though....people are SO sure the show will mess up the Gosselin kids, are so worried about those 8 obviously well cared for and HEALTHY kids. Do you ever wonder if those critics know that 7 kids will lose their fight with cancer today? That 46 are being diagnosed today? Hmmm....

PS I love that Kate and Jon are very upfront with each other. No passive/aggressive stuff there. You know where you stand. Most of all, I love how ecstatic she gets when her kids accomplish something (ie potty training).

Wani said...

I'm excited to hear how the conference (and meeting Kate) goes. I've only watched the show a few times (I'm already addicted to too many shows as it is. You'll have to share all the details when you get back!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

OK, you do realize you now have to figure out how to get her to do an email interview with you for Betty. YOU HAVE TO!!! An exclusive WHAT IT'S LIKE !!!!!

Doug and Terrye said...

OMGoodness!!! You will be meeting my buddy Kate! She comes over to my house every Monday night to visit...ok well, I turn on the tv every Monday night to watch her :)
Love, love, love the fact that she is who she is, with no apologies! Aren't we all a work in progress...she just happens to have a little more progress than me :)

Terrye in FL