Saturday, March 15, 2008

Some random ramblings...

OK, this is going to be one of those posts where you question my brain waves. It will be all over the place! It's like when, on a car trip, my husband says all endearingly, "Whatcha thinkin'?" and I respond with, "I was just thinking that if I stuck my arm out of the car window back there when we passed that truck, I would only have one arm. That would totally SUCK, not to mention that would be a terrible way to lose a limb!" He usually responds with something like, "You are a freak!" or "Sorry I asked." or "Why don't you think the things other people think?" This is one of those posts...all over the place!! Excuse my Cindy Lou Who hair...there is actually an identical pony tail on the other side. I think this is my very favorite corner in my house. It is in the kitchen right by our patio door that looks out over our back yard and the community soccer fields. The shelf holds some of the most precious gifts I have ever been given. Those wobbly school projects, sand art, the many tea cups, a couple decorated eggs and so much more. I found the "These are a few of my favorite things" sign at a quaint little primitive shoppe in our town. The artwork over my left should was made for me by my daughter for Mother's Day a couple years ago...it reads "#1 Best Mom Ever, I (heart) U" These hand-crafted treasures are all around my house but the most precious ones are right where I can see them most of the time. (We all know how much time moms spend in the kitchen!) I look at them throughout the day and I smile. I thank God for the three sweet babies he trusted me with. His babies. What an honor! What a blessing! *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Go listen to these guys! One of my favorite bands to go see! LOVE SEED MAMA JUMP! *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Check out this website, just incase you ever get stuck on the phone and can't get off...this site has great sound effects that will give you the perfect excuse to go! Click here. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Have you ever had an invention idea? Something you wish you had but have never seen for sale in a store? Check out Parents of Invention. Sumbit your idea and get paid! I am doing it! Join me! *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* A cake I made this summer for a Gold-Fish-Phobic friend of ours!! Haha!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Plugged-in Online is a great place to go to get a wholesome opinion of today's media. Whether you are looking for a movie, video games, books, etc. Keep your kids safe and their minds clean!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So, I think I am done for now! Maybe. We will see. I am going to fold some laundry and if I think of anything else, I will edit.

Don't forget the contest! Post your photos (it doesn't have to be just one!!) on the Gabbin' Mama post. Remember that on Wednesday my beach-going girlfriends and I will choose 5 finalists. Then YOU will vote and invite your readers/friends and family to vote, too! Please know, to make it easier on those voting, I will snag your pics and drag them to my site for the vote. If you have a problem with this please leave me a message in the comments. Gabbin' Mama Thursday will once again be the video announcement of our WINNER!

Cindy Lou says, PEACE OUT!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

I so so SO get the wandering random thoughts. My husband gave up asking what I was thinking about years ago. Particularly because he tended to get me way down the line of my thought -- maybe somewhere along the lines of the inventions I'd need to have to adequately continue my life as is with only one arm and what my kids' reactions would be to that and... yup, needless to say, I get your random thoughts. Maybe it's a chick thing? OR is it a Michelle thing?

Laski said...

I love posts like this.

So, here's a matching comment . . .

love the cake. I want a fishy cake.

The hair is so cute. the header is really cute.

I can't wait until J can make me stuff telling me I'm the best mom ever or whatever . . . as long as it doesn't say "sorta a good mom" I'm ok with it.

How cool. A contest . . . must get involved.

Saturday Night Live is funny . . . kinda. Sorta.

'night!

AlaneM said...

I love your new pictures - very cute & very you.
The fish cake CRACKED ME UP!
Love the cindy lou do.
Tootle-oo :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the whole thing today! Love the photos of you, the fish cake, the links. Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

You just make me laugh and you are so stinkin' cute!

Unknown said...

I have also wondered what would happen if I stick my arm out my car window while driving by someone else. Usually I think about it when they are sticking their arms out and I want to high five them.

Texasholly said...

That cake is looks amazing. Thank God I am not cakeaphobic. I am going to look at that parent invention thing...too cool!

Theresa said...

I love your little corner of the kitchen. Now I am thinking, where would my little corner be? One more think to think about...thanks! Love your pictures. Love YOU! Theresa

Shellie said...

That was fun and informative!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to display all your precious gifts! Love it.