Sunday, March 30, 2008

Just Me and Kenny Rogers...

Look who I found on the boardwalk outside of the TROPICANA yesterday...
Just kidding - it's just my dad! Handsome, isn't he? Actually cuter then Kenny R! Since I can remember, we don't go anywhere without people stopping him for an autograph, asking if he IS, in fact, Kenny Rogers, or just feeling compelled to let him know THEY think he looks like him! It's funny!
We took a bus from Reading to Atlantic City yesterday and spent the day together - just me and my dad! Two years ago for Father's Day I gave him a hand-made gift certificate for a trip to AC, just the two of us. Since then, he has been socking away quarters in a big jar. He said when his jar was full, we would go. Well, a couple weeks ago he plunked the last quarter that would fit into his jar and we set a date!

We tried to break the bank and win this JACKPOT but no such luck! We came to the realization that with the computer age came the end of "luck" when it comes to slot machines. Most of the machines aren't even the old-time spinners, they are a computer screen with virtual spinners. That computer knows what its doing. It ain't gonna let you win the MILLION! Sucks!

Anyway, we had a really great time. We 'walked the boards,' giggled, texted our friends and pretended we needed $$ wired, and had some yummy snacks. My dad is the greatest! And I had him all to myself ALL DAY yesterday! Sounds more like a gift to ME than a Father's Day gift to HIM!

:) Love ya, Daddy!

13 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Hi Michelle,
How wonderful that you have such a close relationship with your father. I love my dad, but I've never been that comfortable around him. He is a great man, but I wasn't around him much growing up because he worked nights and was either sleeping or at work when I was home during the day. (If we woke him up it was not pretty!) He's a little rough around the edges, too. I'm glad my girls have a good relationship with their father.

And yes, he's better looking than Kenny. I was huge Kenny Rogers fan in his Gambler days!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that is so sweet! How special to be able to spend one on one time with your dad!

Shellie said...

How fun! Your dad sounds like a winner dad. What a good idea for a gift.

Patti said...

Awww, that is great! I am so glad you had a date with him. Cherish those days. Make a date to do that evry year. :)

Unknown said...

That is wonderful.

I don't have a good relationship with my dad and so when I see that other people do, it really does make me so happy for them. I pray all the time that my kids WILL ALWAYS be close to my hubby. I think it's what I want more than anything as a parent.

And your dad he is much better looking than Kenny. Did you know Kenny got his face "done"? Oh my goodness, in my opinion, it looks AWFUL!

Dawn said...

Awww that's so sweet! I'm glad you and Kenny had a good time. Too bad about the jackpot. You should've been playing cards. You know: know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run...

MaBunny said...

So happy that you had that time with your dad, he looks like a fun guy. I lost my father to cancer 3 years ago and would give anthing to have him back. I still have lots of fun memories of him, but still, I'd like my daddy back:))

I've only been to a casion once and never to AC, looks fun, would love to go just to say I had been.
Hope you have great week, will check back in

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of going to the Exton Mall with your dad and people staring because they thought it was Kenny Rogers :) Hee hee.

I am sending lots of good thoughts and wishes Kendra's way ;)

Theresa said...

Does he sign the autograph and if so what name does he use? LOL

Theresa

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

You gotta know when to hold em', know when to fold em', know when to walk away, know when to run....hee hee Heather

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

My dad passed away when I was just 20 but a year before he died we took a trip to Panama City Beach, Fla and spent a weekend just the two of us. We walked on the beach, we cruised through the shops. We talked. It was the best weekend. I just wish I could have had more.
I'm glad you and your father had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for sharing the day with me in Atlant City. I was so proud being with such a beautiful and fun young lady. You always Lite up My Life and are such a blessing to me. Your so much fun and so caring it just makes me smile thinking of you. God blessed me with 2 wonderful daughters, and I hope in some small way I have made a diference in thier lives as they surely have in mine !
Love Ya,
Daddy

Kathi D said...

Your dad doesn't look like Kenny any more since Kenny has ruined himself with way too much plastic surgery! Poor Kenny! What the heck?

Your dad looks like the old handsome Kenny!