Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A reason to celebrate...

Well, you will all be thrilled to know that my dear dog, Morgan, has a head the size of my mini-van tire because of all of your "she's soooo cute" comments. Of course, I read them to her and now she thinks she is the spit! (in dog lingo spit is way cooler than the word that rhymes with it!)
Did you know there is a holiday almost everyday? Like an honest-to-goodness, someone-actually-filled-out-paperwork-for-this kind of holiday!
So, HAPPY LEARN WHAT YOUR NAME MEANS DAY!!!
Mine means, "Who Resembles God"
Thank you, thank you very much. But what do you do on that holiday? Are there streamers and plates with my name on them in the LEARN WHAT YOUR NAME MEANS PARTY STORE? Who comes up with this stuff?
I did my column for our paper today and I was searching for ridiculous holiday for March to illustrate a point and OH MY GOODNESS are there some!
Monday we missed the fan fare for WHAT IF CATS AND DOGS HAD OPPOSABLE THUMBS DAY! I kid you not!
Tomorrow is NAME TAGDAY! I dare you! (If you do, send me a picture and I will send you a prize!!)
March 9th is GET OVER IT DAY! There is an actual website for this! You are supposed to type in what you need to get over and then you can watch it go up into flames! I am afraid I would set my laptop on fire if I tried to get over everything all at once! Actually, I am not the type of person to hold onto things that aggravate me but there are a handful of things that I TRY to let go and get over but can't!
In my column I wrote this, "It’s fun to look at the lists of crazy holidays we never knew existed. But, what if we all added one more holiday to our list of reasons to celebrate? A holiday that we honored everyday. One that has been taught since time began. I vote that in the Tri-County area and throughout our country everyday is Treat Others the Way You Want to Be Treated Day! Hold a door, pay someone else’s toll, lend an ear, contact an old friend, forgive an enemy, say “I love you,” give an unexpected compliment, buy your mom flowers, leave a big tip, smile more, give an extra hug, slow down, let your guard down and have a really, really good day. Happy TOTWYWTBT Day!"
On that note, please remember Mimi this week.

March 4th, 2007 is the date that Julian had his first horrific headache that caused them to take him in for tests. If you haven't checked out his carepage in a while, you need to (click on VISIT and then the page is called JuliansWorld - type it with no spaces)...in honor of TOTWYWTBT DAY, send her a happy message letting her know you are praying for her. It's a really tough week for their family!

9 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

My name means Queen Bee.

AlaneM said...

HA! Great minds think alike...I visited Mimi's carepage earlier today & left her a message :)

And I have no idea what my name means...but I do know it's Welsh in origin.

Theresa said...

Theresa means harvester or reaper...which I haven't fully grasp. I think I am a seed planter.

I noticed that the 1st post on Julian's page is March 7th, which is my birthday. This time last year was the last time 'normal' existed in the Avery's life.

Thanks for reminding everyone, Michelle. Harvester/Theresa

Michelle said...

Ha! My best friend and I celebrate "Talk Like A Pirate Day"!

Now, I want you to know, there really is such a day. It falls on September 19th!

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I wonder what my name means? Where did you find out?
I'll send Mimi a comment. I wonder how many anniversaries they'll remember as years go by.

Julie said...

I was going to mention Talk Like a Pirate Day, but I see that Michelle already did...LOL

I don't know offhand what MY name means, but my son's name means "smelly hair" and Puckey's name means "hope". I don't know what the other kids' names mean, either. I think Bug's has something to do with an Ash tree.

I know Mimi and her family may have lots of tough days in the coming weeks, months, and years, and I will continue to pray for them.

Lisa said...

Name tag day?!? the funny thing is I went to a mission at our church last night and this morning I went to put on the sweatshirt that I wore to the mission (I don't think it will ever warm up here)and it still had my name tag on it. LOL I will proudly wear it all day today.

OHmommy said...

LOL... name tag day! I wil have to find out what my name means. :)

Anonymous said...

You know I'm lovin Treat Others the Way You Want to Be Treated Day!!!! I catch myself saying that, and "I should make the wise choice!" all throughout the week ... and not even to children! ;-) Isn't it great to learn and live TOGETHER!?!