Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm BAAAAAAACK...

Hi there! I feel like I should re-introduce myself. I feel like it has been a year since I have been on line. Thursday I woke up with a headache and feeling a bit queasy. Throughout the day the queasiness got worse, to the point of purposely averting my attention from my belly woes so I didn't YAK and scare the baby. I make that sound heroic only because the real truth is PUKING SCARE ME! My puking, that is! I don't do it! EVER! It has got the be the very worst thing in the world to me! THE WORST! I just can't do it! Not morning sickness! Not the stomach flu! Nothin'! At about 5:30 pm, I called the hubby and requested that he bring a pizza home so I didn't have to think about/look at/smell food. I also forewarned him that I would NOT be partaking of the pizza-eating. I told him I would go upstairs to rest while they all ate. He laughed and said, "See you in the morning." But, it was the Thursday Americal Idol. I couldn't NOT watch it with the kids. Now, you have to know, we are self-proclaimed BEDTIME NAZIS! The kids are in bed at a decent hour every night! The 2-year old at 7:30 and the big kids at 8:30. I am a glutton for ME-time! I need it! It's how I roll. But this is the first season of American Idol that we actually caught the preliminary auditions for - those who-the-heck-told-them-they-could-sing auditions. We let the kids watch as long as they do their nightly reading ahead of time. If the episode goes longer than 9pm we tape the rest and they watch it when they wake up. So, I bore you with this sidebar about bedtimes because all of us watching it together has become somewhat of an event for us. So, me laying in bed would not be an option. I went to bed when the pizza came home, just for a rest. That's when the walls must have blown down and let the frigid winter air into my room because I started to shake. Uncontrolably. The chills. Man! I vaguely remember waking up feeling awful, breathing deep to keep the upchuck train DOWN and I rolled out of bed Friday morning at 7:45 am. Hubby had already started the lunches, fed the kids breakfast and signed their homework. WOW! I can be out-of-commission and the world will not stop its rotation. It goes on. That's a great feeling. I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders! Whew! I sent my husband to work, assuring him I would call if the baby and I couldn't co-exist through the day. But all was well. We did it. I didn't eat very much (which is very good for the diet I just re-re-re-re-started) and actually JUST ate more than one meal today. I just lapped up the luxury of having an excuse to do nothing. Of course it would have been more enjoyable if I was feeling like a million bucks but, it was a relaxing couple of days - thankfully over the weekend so hubby was home. Of course, it gave me time to think over a million different things - a new blog, a new book (a chapter book), some fun contest ideas, interesting posts, a plight for pediatric cancer awareness (after some Mimi-mail), etc etc etc. Guess my brain wasn't sick! Thanks again for all your well-wishes! I am honored to have so many fun friends!!

10 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Just updated my blog, with pics.

Heather

Theresa said...

Thank you, thank you very much. I was waiting for you. And now I can go to bed. Love the upchuck train expression. I had the bug too, a few weeks ago. I put on 2 pair of pajamas and 6 blankets (I kid you not) so I could watch Pirates 3 while eating ice cream (with a fever, of course.) Gotta have the ice cream!

Let's share ideas for pediatric cancer. Relay is coming up! Thanks for the post. Love Theresa

xxxx said...

I hope you are feeling better!! Thank you for the nice birthday wishes!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Glad you are feeling better! Good for hubby to have taken over! So what about the HUGE party?

Anonymous said...

This sounds so very familiar. When you get caught up, check out my Compendium posts:

"102.6 - 103.4" and
"ella, aqua and ralph"

I'm glad you're feeling better! Me too! The doctor said I should throw away my toothbrush, but OralB toothbrush heads are expensive! I put them in the dishwasher and scalded them instead!

Anonymous said...

oh! I forgot, are you talking about the blog party hosted by 5 minutes for mom?

Laura ~Peach~ said...

THank you for your entry in the contest you made it in time contest did not end till 1159 pm... come see who won!
I am glad you are feeling better I was missing you :-)
Hugs Laura

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

Glad you're feeling better. Hey, the next time I'm sick, can I borrow your husband to come pack lunches and sign homework and bring home dinner? The world stops rotating here. Thanks!

AlaneM said...

Yay, glad you are feeling better!!

Wildwood Girls said...

Oh my gosh, I have the same problem with puking! I absolutely hate it. I have puked exactly three times in the last 20 years (I kid you not) and that includes getting through TWO pregnancies without a drop of morning sickness. I think it was sheer force of will...