Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome back ME!

WOW! I am quite the blabber mouth so the fact that I have been away from my blog for so long has just been a sin! And my stats show it.
I have gone from close to 400 hits a day to under 70 in the mere couple of weeks that I have been working on my NAMESAKES. Does that mean I am less funny? Too tired? Stressed and under pressure? and my readers are leaving me?
Well, when I am in the zone and being creative, it is a bit of a technical tango that I must perform to balance my everyday busy-ness with entertaining the muse...my muse...she's fun and happy, by the way. Not one of those GOTH kind of muses. Mine is more of a free-spirit hippy muse! She's way cool!
I have been busy filling the orders as per the buyers' suggestions and requests...let me give you a peek at what has been keeping me busy!
This NAMESAKE was ordered by a woman who wanted to bless The Bartel's. (cp: JohnEric)
The next two are for sisters...very different in their hobbies and interests but that makes my job fun - no two alike!
Kelsie is the oldest so her NAMESAKE needed to reflect her age.
Here is another sisterly duo...we matched the designs to their wallpaper!
Gabby has Down's Syndrome and for those of you who know - there is a gorgeous poem called, "Welcome to Holland" that shines a new light on being a special needs mom.
It's a lot of work but 50% of every sale goes to pediatric cancer patients and their families! Check out it's 4 the kids for more information.
PUH-LEASE don't forget to check out my RELAY site! I am walking for the kids!
Click here to check it out or to donate. If every person who reads this donates just one dollar I would by far surpass my goal by our June 21st walk!
I miss telling you all the craziness that happens in my house - Friday was the last day of school so you KNOW there are stories!! LOL!
BTW.... the NAMESAKE ORDER PAD is almost free of orders - know what that means? That means that soon there will be a 24 hour time frame that I will take more orders.
Also, there is another creative idea coming soon, too - just check back you won't wanna miss this!

12 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Welcome back! Oh, and the poem is actually called "Welcome to Holland" but it has a few lines about tulips in it :). I am still working on some ideas for you to tie in Down syndrome and Leukemia. I'll get back to you!

Shellie said...

Or maybe it's summer...I'm just not in the blogosphere as often. Those look great! If I ever get the explosions around me under control, I'd like to do some watercolors and things for the other site. I know if I don't get some semblance of order happening first, the family will not survive the aftermath.

nomi said...

I'm barely on the computer these days either, just to check emails and ebay, and of course the carepages and your blog!! The namesakes are beautiful!!!

MaBunny said...

Those are absolutely beautiful. Keep up the good work!

Theresa said...

I too have been busy gearing up for Relay, keeping up with my blog and preparing for the last day of school and our Disney adventure. But I try to spot by YOUR blog as often as possible.

I love all of the namesakes, each uniqueness. The one with the K as a giraffe is so neat. Amanda asked me if you were doing Panda's on hers. I said you were but I would double check.

Love T

Theresa said...

I too have been busy gearing up for Relay, keeping up with my blog and preparing for the last day of school and our Disney adventure. But I try to spot by YOUR blog as often as possible.

I love all of the namesakes, each uniqueness. The one with the K as a giraffe is so neat. Amanda asked me if you were doing Panda's on hers. I said you were but I would double check.

Love T

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Cute namesakes! Glad you're having a good time doing something you love.

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Those look great! I love seeing what everyone has ordered.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

YAY! Brooke was looking over my shoulder as I was scrolling down your post and she saw her name and said, "Oh that is so cool!"! Then I told her it was for her and she said, "Awesome!" You hit the personality of both girls! Thank you so much!!!!!!
Oh and welcome back to blog world!

Anonymous said...

Wow those are beautiful, I opened your site just to check it out and saw the Abigail namesake, I'm guessing that was the one I ordered and its absolutely beautiful, you are so talented! Keep up the good work! God is going to continue to bless you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Wow those are beautiful, I opened your site just to check it out and saw the Abigail namesake, I'm guessing that was the one I ordered and its absolutely beautiful, you are so talented! Keep up the good work! God is going to continue to bless you and your family!

TheHMC said...

Very nice! You are really talented :D.

And, for the record, I went a week without posting and noticed what a HUGE drop I had as well. Who knew that many people were really paying attention to me.
Aw. I feel special.. don't you? ;).