Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Perfect Morning...

So, I am making LOTS of headway on my NAMESAKES ...for those of you new to my blog - just scroll down and you can see more of my latest designs... and I am feeling quite productive! That's always a good feeling! So, next time I open my order pad (it's kind of like a pop-quiz - so you have to check back often or you will miss it!) I will know to tell people that depending on their place in line, it may take up to 2 months to complete the orders. Not bad when you consider they are all hand-done. So, yesterday I had my doctor's appt - yes, he is sticking to the CAFFEINE-FREE advice although he said I could sneak in a cuppa Joe here and there and my heart shouldn't object too much...I went straight from there to, you guessed it... STARBUCKS! And....I chickened out - I got a decaf! Now, that I have to add the word decaf to my order, I actually giggle when I string together the words of my favorite concoction... a venti, non-fat, iced, decaf carmel macchiato! I swear, I am not a "Harry Met Sally" kind of customer, I usually just pick something off the menu and unless it has olives, anchovies or spit in it, I am good. But my coffee....my coffee I am particular about! And don't slip in any of that sugar-free syrup on me - BLECH! So, I take my cup of Heaven across the parking lot to The Children's Place! My favorite place to shop for the kids and luckily, all three of them can still fit in the clothes from there. The prices in this place are amazing! If you don't have one near you - check them out online - $5 shipping - ALWAYS! Anyway, I picked up a couple things for each of the three kids...two big kid tanks, a girly tank and short ensemble and a pair of itty bitty flip-flops and wee-wittle sunglasses all for $30. Those were not sale prices, that's just their everyday deals! THEN....the lady at the register tells me that tomorrow is their MONSTER SALE so to be sure to come back. I mention it to my not-a-fan-of-giving-me-the-OK-to-shop husband and tell him that I never did the summer clothes shopping for the kids. Pennsylvania skipped Spring so until we hit 90 degrees, I was behind on the summer-thinking! He had recently gotten our VISA bill and somehow we overpaid the last time so he said if I could keep it at that dollar amount, we had the go-ahead. No problem! Today I tool my three cool kids shopping. The older two (9 & 10) are excellent in math so I gave them a target $ amount and shopping bag and set them free (it's a very small store so I could see or hear them no matter where I was in the store). I took the baby in the stroller and we filled his bag... more sunglasses, jammies, shorts, tanks, tees, etc. I met the other two at the register with filled bags and asked how well they think they added? I am proud to say that we came in UNDER Daddy's request by $6! WE ROCK! The best part? Since they picked out their own things, they LOVE EVERYTHING! My oldest actually asked to change into a pair of new shorts before we even left the store. My daughter changed into a new outfit in the car before I was even out of the parking lot! We headed across to the mall to get them some "CHUCKS" - they have been wanting these for ages! I am too cheap to spend the $40 on real CHUCKS so we headed to PAYLESS! They each fell in love with a pair and the baby....well, he is a shoe monger from way back...he fell in love with a ...umm...less than attractive shoe/sock ensemble...but it was such a good day and he was so in love with them, I said OK. We got some soft pretzels and drinks and headed to the car! We drove home, the little guy started his nap before we got home, I slipped him into his bed and fed the big guys lunch and came to check in with all of you... Check out the shoes - this is REAL TIME... LOL!
The whole day was so perfect and so fun that the fact that I unexpectedly got my period and (three kids in tow) could not find a bathroom with "sanitary items" available did not even phase me! Hey, at least I got it, right?...not pregnant, right?...that's always a good thing!

See. Perfection. Sheer Perfection.

13 comments:

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

That picture of him sleeping is sooo cute! And the shoes are adorable too!
I'm glad you had a great day. Your kids all sound like really great little people!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

And making the transfer with the baby. That in itself is perfect.

I noticed you signed up for Scoutle but I couldn't find your ID so I could try to make a connection. Do you know how to do that? I've been on it for a couple weeks but don't really understand it.

AlaneM said...

What a great day!!
I LOVE the namesake at the top of the post. That is so adorable!!
I've missed your posts girl, life's just better after reading your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a fun trip. (I love those monster sales!)
I was also thinking that being you, it was good that the kids were with you, thus preventing you from getting so relaxed (despite the great trip) that you needed the bathroom for #2 as well as for the sanitary issue.

Anywho, love the new namesakes posted. And what a cutie nappin'.

MaBunny said...

Aww, he's s cutie for sure!
I'm getting better at shopping to, hubby will request the amount I spend and I usually get right at or a bit under, so we are all happy.
Never really shopped much at The Children's Place, but my MIL has for Nicole.
The namesakes are adorable, keep up the good work.

Theresa said...

Oh it's 'me' time but I couldn't eat lunch beore checking in with you. You are an adventuous girl. I admire woman who take their children shopping...because I am NOT one of them.

The namesake is so cute! Did I tell you that your Relay site rocks? Good luck.

BTW...loved the PA weather comment!

Love T

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Childrens Place while you can... they have filed Bankruptcy.

Coffespaz said...

Any day that has a Starbucks treat in it is a good day. Couple that with a good sale and I'd say you had a "rockin" day!!

Love the pics of the little one with his shoes on...too cute!

Christina said...

I love CP too! Great deals, and just cause they file bankruptcy doesn't mean they are closing their doors. My girls are loving their name sakes and if I can remember to get the frames I can hang then up and take pictures!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Got the name plates today. They are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brooke was wondering what you used to make them. We decided that Kelsie's was sharpy, but Brooke's could have been Sharpy, crayons, pencils and watercolor? Will you please reveal the secret?

Anonymous said...

:) I like the snazzy sock/shoe combo myself, heh. Your namesakes are amazing!

SuddenlySouthernCyndi said...

Hey, a mommy blogger after my own heart--I also can't stand the sugar free [aka chemical laden] syrup! Also love TCP, and yeah, I can relate about the hubster and the shopping issue!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kemper, please remember you have one GUY that reads your blog......Please, no more references to the monthly friend. :-)