This is when I realized that my purse is my ONLY sacred place. NO ONE goes in my purse but me...and an occasional child looking for gum.
My husband would go into fits if he know what my purse was HOME to...
- Besides lipstick, cell phone, wallet, gum, etc.... there is a whole slew of UNACCEPTABLE items in here...
- 2 bags of completely crushed cereal - in case I bump into the witch from Hansel and Gretel and I need to leave a trail...a very long trail
- the between-the-toe thingies from my daughters pedicure...because I could always scrapbook them
- a horrifically UGLY bracelet one of the kids "won" for me at the WalMart crane game...how can I throw that away?
- many, many writing utensils
- a "favor" from my writer's conference
- a baggie filled with cough drops from when I was sick
- a book of stamps...THAT'S where they are!
- 23 receipts that I have yet to enter in my checkbook - yikes!
- hand sanitizer...it is snot-dribbled grocery cart season - eeewww!
- my alli compact filled with the promise to make me skinny again...oh, I have to take them?
- a Barnes & Noble membership application...I suppose I need to do more than carry it in my purse to save the 10%, huh?
- a napkin
- a Cabella's coupon...because of how often I choose to see taxidermied animals in fake habitats, yuck! I have a hunter hubby...I, however, LOVE BAMBI!
- a prison ministry pamphlet from the bell-ringer outside of WalMart who made my feel bad for having a hot coffee while he was freezing his 'bells' off.
- court paperwork from our last court hearing...we are foster parents so we are in court almost as much as we visit my in-laws.
- Oooooo, M&M minis, I didn't know these were in here...ya think anyone would notice if I finished them off?
- Benadryl...which I carry ever since my 10-year old decided to be SEVERELY allergic to Buckwheat...I also have to carry an epiPen, too...UGH!
- 2 packets of Splenda...just in case my sweet tooth gets the best of me I can have a quick shot or two
- my stack of "calling cards" just in case I ever bump into a leading editor from a huge publishing house who overhears my conversation and thinks I am so rip-roarin' funny that I need a book deal!
- random gum and candy wrappers
That's it...not so crazy...whats the craziest thing in YOUR purse? Should you be finding a HOME for those things? Would you like to borrow my husband to get your house in shape for the Holidays?
Tell me about it...