Monday, February 28, 2011

SPRING Streamlining! JOIN ME!

 Spring Cleaning doesn't usually happen in my house is my favorite activity



OK. That's not really my house but it sure makes my house look SPOTLESS! LOL!

I clean. I just don't do the toothbrush version that some moms do. I usually clean the outside of the windows and organize a few closets and drawers and call it Spring Cleaning.

This year I am, starting TODAY, SPRING STREAMLINING!

I am categorizing the hours in my day so I am more productive both in good health and in our home.

If everyone is healthy and going to school, I have an empty house from 8:30 am - 1:00pm. That's 4 1/2 hours a day to be productive. Of course I can still fold laundry and do dishes when the kids are home but those 4+ hours are UNINTERRUPTED hours and if you are a mom, you know that is GOLDEN!

So, when the last kiddo hops on the bus @ 8:30, I have devoted that first hour to exercise. This morning I walked (in the rain) for an hour and 10 minutes. (9:30) I have Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and we have the JUST DANCE 2 Wii game. I will be juggling these as my mood suits.

The second hour I am tackling a project or cleaning. This morning I gutted my youngest's room and put it back together. Some stuff is going to Goodwill, some went to the garbage, sheets were stripped and I vacuumed up a ton of crumbs and junk. (10:30)

The third hour will be MY CREATIVE time. This is when I will work on one of my manuscripts, do some illustrating, catch up on my scrap booking, make some jewelry... in other words, an hour of PURE JOY! (11:30)

The fourth hour and the extra half will be the discretionary hour. Grocery shopping, paperwork and correspondence, out to lunch with hubby, running errands, heading to Barnes & Noble, etc. (1:00)

I am NOT a scheduled person - I HATE living by the clock. But, I have seen over and over in my life,  my
To-Do list just grows and grows and things fall by the wayside and I don't pay attention to what I need to be focusing on.

These hours I have constructed are still guided by the clock but as you see I have choices within those hours to suit the mood and give me an option for having each day be different from the one before.

Want to join me?
Leave a comment and let's start STREAMLINING, together!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great plan. I'm an empty nester who works from home, so I really have no excuse not to get more done. My husband's gone by 7am and usually isn't home till 4. My hours are my own and I tend to fritter them away. I believe I accomplished more when I had 4 kids at home and worked 2 part time jobs! It's said that you fill up the time you have--if you have 20 mins to get something done, it takes 20 mins. If you have 2 hrs for the same task, it'll take 2 hrs. Seems to be my motto.

Bina Simon said...

A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one
skip bin hire brisbane
skip bin hire