Monday, March 28, 2011

Praying Through Your Adoption Book Review


If you are thinking adoption might be the calling for your family, this book is for you. If you have struggled with the pain of infertility, this book is for you. If you have had just a fleeting thought of adopting and no issues with infertility, this book is for you.

Anyone will be blessed by the words Michele C. Scott gives in her book, Praying Through Your Adoption.

I have the privilege of knowing the author of this AMAZING book personally. She is a wonderfully, sweet woman with a gentle spirit who will inspire the masses with the truths of adoption you will find on these pages.

I saw Michele speak at a local church and her testimony brought me to tears. She was honest about the trials of adoption but also in how she continued to seek the Lord as they took this journey. Her story is beautiful.

I am an adoptive mom. I have felt the sheer joy of the blessing of adoption but also wallowed in the pain of post-adoption depression. This book was a precious gift to me even after the fact.

So, how do you get the book,
I have great news - there are a few ways to do just that.

  • You can go to Michele's website HERE and get it for yourself and anyone in your life who you know it would touch.

  • You can enter Michele's contest HERE where you can win a $50 Amazon.com gift card and then go spend it on a whole bunch of copies for you and your friends. This contest ends APRIL 1st!

  • You can also leave a comment here on this post about WHY you would like to have/give this book and I will randomly choose a comment to win the book for free.

Once your heart has been blessed by PRAYING THROUGH YOUR ADOPTION,  I would love to have you go to THIS LINK and leave a review on Amazon.com.

I was thrilled to review this book for Michele and am blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of her Virtual Book Tour.

She will also appear on the following blogs to finish out the tour:
Tuesday - Jill Savage - Keep Hearts at Home
Wednesday - Angela Miller - Beyond the Horizon

Want to see where her tour has been this month:
Karin Prunty - Our Treasures From Afar
Alissa Lynne Griffith - Women Living 4 Jesus
Sarah Thacker - Parenting and Adoption Coaching Services
Jolene Philo - Down the Gravel Road
Julie Chandler - Julie Chandler Author/Speaker

Leave your comments to win!
Pass the link along to your friends...



Michele and her sweet family appreciate it!


2 comments:

elizabethhunter said...

Wow, this book sounds awesome! I am an adoptive mom of four and I used prayer through all my adoptions. My mission these days is to help smooth the path for adoptive moms-to-be who need help & encouragement. I would love to read this and offer it to my readers!

Thanks for sharing,

xxoo Elizabeth
http://www.adoptiongoddess.com/blog

Deb said...

I have a friend who one month ago picked up her forever daughter in China...after being in process for more than 4 years... having to refile paperwork several times.

There is another family I know of who are in the process of adopting a little boy from Ethiopia... Their adoption is being held up by paperwork.

I have written letters of reference for parents completing home studies in need of character reference.

I have a family whom I am Godmother to their daughter adopted from Honduras and cared for their son (adopted from Guatemala) while his parents made three trips to bring home his sister.

I have a family whom I have adopted who have 7 biological children and 7 adopted Liberian children.

Though I've never had children I have stood alongside many friends who have adopted and have seen the challenges along the road to adoption.

I know each of these families would love to read this book and would share it with all of their friends who have been led by God to adopt.