Sunday, June 28, 2009

MoBlogTues...Better Late than Never...meet Jan!

Thanks for coming by to join us for the next installment of Mommy Blogger Monday Tuesday! Grab you're mug and pour something hot, take a seat and help me welcome, Jan! Name: Jan Your city/state: Wiltshire UK Blog URL : http://madnstitching.blogspot.com/ Ladies, Jan is a mother of two from the UK...our first "across the pond" Mommy Blogger! She has been blessing the blogosphere with her journalling of her needlework projects. Would you shareyour favorite blog with us? A Woman of no Importance http://wildatheartblog.blogspot.com/ We all have seen the untruths in tabloids as of late. If a tabloid wanted to know YOU and called for an interview, how would you describe yourself? I'm a 50 year old full time office worker , married for 23 years with two children- a son aged almost 21 and a daughter aged 9. I love all forms of needlecraft and can happily spend a day in a museum or Art Gallery. I love many different forms of music and am interested in history and archeology. I've lived in the south of England since 1975 when I joined the WRAF (I was in the mob for 13 years) I was born in Liverpool , North West UK where I lived until I joined up. I left the WRAF when my son was born. OK ladies, the "mob" in the UK is similar to the "armed forces" in the US. She was not referring to the "mob" as we know it. :o) So, Jan, now that you have gotten our attention with the "mob" thing...LOL...tell us about your best Mom moment. My best Mom memories are when my children were passed into my arms - the sense of love was overwhelming. Jan, I am a writer, as you know, and have written my fair share of product reviews. Give me a short product review of something you can’t live without. Chocolate !!!!! It's yummy , inexpensive , lightens my mood quickly and never disappoints. Oh, I am so with you on the chocolate thing *says as she pops another Hershey Kiss in her mouth*! OK, now I am drooling, let's change the subject. What is the dorkiest thing about you? I love wearing hoodie's and jeans and that is probably not a good look for a short fat fifty year old. Hoodies and jeans are my FAVORITE things to wear...while I am eating chocolate, of course!! OK, quick fire round....3-2-1-GO! What’s your biggest passion? My needlework What’s your guiltiest pleasure? eating a whole packet of jaffa cakes and reading some chick lit What do you wish for? Enough money to pay off our debts and live comfortably without my going to work What do you hate? Small minded people who talk down to others If your spouse would agree to let you go on a date with ONE celeb…list your top 3 picks. David Essex, Mel Gibson , Marti Pellow (Wet, Wet, Wet) Your least favorite house chore. hoovering Your greatest achievement. Passing pharmacy course What can you, under no circumstances, tolerate? bad manners Do you have any phobias? heights If you could speak one sentence for the rest of your life, what would it be? Yes please I'll have one of those And, last but not least, what do you always hope people see on YOUR inside? A good person and a good listener

Well, Jan, it has been a wonderful treat enjoying some latte and chocolate with you! You have blessed us with your wit and UK-isms! Thank you so much!

Well, until next time...or until my kids make me looney...

Peace.

No comments: