Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Relay for Life...

Thanks to CANCER, so many kids will never see this many candles on their cake. I feel blessed to have three healthy kids but that feeling felt selfish as my dear friend Mimi was losing her four year old Julian to a horrible monster called, Medulloblastoma or brain cancer. Julian passed away in January of 2008 and the impact this sweet angel had on thousands of people around the world was divine! He changed lives! His faith and his strength was that of a superhero! That is why I walk in RELAY for LIFE...it is why I support CUREsearch...it is why my buckets of change end up in the slot for the Ronald McDonald House in the McDonald's drive-thru. This year I am walking with a group of wonderful people from my church. We are walking for our captain Becky who lost a dear friend, a newlywed named Meredith. Meredith lost her battle with cancer last year, she was in her early 20's. Even though my team shirts say Meredith's Miracle, my heart walks for all the babies, toddlers and precious kiddos that will fight this year. No child should have to go through what these kids go through. If you have never known a family dealing with childhood cancer, you have not known HELL! Visit the following carepages to get to know some families who will amaze and inspire you to change the world. Go to carepages.com and register..it's free and you won't get any spam. Then click on visit and type in the following heroes names (no spaces, all one word)... JuliansWorld passed away at 4 ColemanScott passed away at 5 (left his twin brother) SuperBay has been fighting for over 3 years and is finally off chemo! (You can also search my blog for the names Julian, Coleman and Bailey and see posts about them) These families are very close to my heart - like family. I ask you now to donate ANY amount you can afford to this cause. There are kids lives LITERALLY hanging in the balance. Please. Go to MY RELAY PAGE and pledge - even $1 - anything will help! Thank you and may God bless you for your generosity and your prayers for these families. ALL donors on my RELAY site will be entered to win some AWESOME prizes, jewelry, art, etc! Peace.

No comments: