Monday, August 8, 2011

*KATE*VERSATIONS August 8, 2011


Kate has yet to disappoint me!

She tells it like it is.

She knows how to have fun!

And tonight is evidence of that.

I have been tweeting back and forth with Kate and her biggest fans (and a few haters that I blocked after Kate told me how) for the last couple days. She is real. She is so friendly and really funny.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed the show.

I loved the DC Cupcakes episode. The girls had so much fun and I loved watching Kate relax and just have fun with the girls. She barely flinched when the cupcake almost fell on Mady's head - she even caught the icing in her hand.

The space was cramped, there were 4 girls and 4+ adults and 30,000 lbs of decorative icing and doodads 2 big mixers, etc. I was hyperventilating over imagining being in that space in Kate's shoes (well, not in her shoes for real b/c she wears REALLY high heels) and I kept looking at her and thinking, "wow... you are so at peace." I love it! I love it for her and for the kids!

I thought it was awesome that Kate, Mady and Cara met Jon's aunt and uncle. I loved that they all shopped together, went sailing and made some memories. I was intrigued by the comment about Kate's parents... wondering if that scenario will be working its way into an episode however, I would have to say I think that is probably something that needs to be worked out withOUT the cameras around. Just some good old fashion lovin' on one another and reconnecting a little bit!

I loved Ashley's summer games! So fun!

Then the MOVIE MAKERS episode was FLIPPING adorable!!!! I don't know about you but Cara as the Pegasus had me giggling. She was such a good sport and her part in the movie was just plain adorable. How she saved the orphan! I loved their movie. My kids giggled when Kate said, "That makes me cry" at the end... because that is SO ME! I have been crying for 2 weeks as my oldest son performs in JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT at a local theater! I get crying over how amazing your kids are!

What an awesome Monday evening... and the teaser commercial for next Monday, I am sure, has the HATERS foaming at the mouth. I'm not sure I would PURPOSELY put Kate in a bad light and make it look like Ashley was complaining about her, etc. But that is up to TLC and I don't doubt they have a plan for that episode. I have a feeling though that Ashley is crying about someone ELSE who came on that trip and not about Kate. Really, why would TLC shoot themselves in the foot and air something that would hurt Kate's brand?

Anyway, I truly enjoyed this evening with Kate! Thank you, Kate and kiddos!

Now, here are some of my ideas for future episodes:

The Gluten-Free guy and Kate go to STARBUCKS
Kate borrows my flip flops and I try to walk in her GORGEOUS shoes all day (or 45 seconds)
I give Kate my Gluten-Free/Vegan chocolate cake w/ Peanut Butter icing recipe
Kate and the girls join me at one of my tween and/or young girl workshops

Well, I will sign off for  now and add more to my list of ideas!

I welcome your comments and thoughts on the show...
be forewarned, if you are a hater, your comments will be deleted immediately


2 comments:

Pattypie said...

I love the post! Great recap of the shows. I tell you my heart really fell when I saw the promo for the upcoming episodes where the fighting was happening on the road trip. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens :-(

I also loved the promos where she was answering tweetie questions. Were you around at that time when she was on twitter asking for questions because they were filming?

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Thanks Pattypie! Anxiously awaiting Monday's episode!