Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We met Jon...yep, Jon Gosselin!

If you have been reading my blog for a while you know that we live close to the Gosselins, we know the same people and I am convinced that one of these days Kate and I will cross paths and become close friends! (I know that sounds stalker-ish to those of you who haven't followed me for any length of time but those who have will tell you how sincere that statement is.) We are really alot alike and I admire qualities about her in the way I admire the qualities of my very best friends. I am not one of those FANS. Honest. I just KNOW God would give us BIG things to do and I just KNOW we would have a BLAST!

So, I have met Kate (and given her gifts for the kids) and recently we were at a local church function...just so happens to be that Jon & Kate's church is 30 minutes from my house...and the special guest was Jon. Had I known we were going to meet him, I certainly would have made a big stink about it here, but it was a last minute plan and all of a sudden HE WAS THERE.

It was quite funny because my kids were just as excited to meet him as I was. But I kind of stood back and let them chat with him, I just waved. You know how I HATE to be "that fan."

Here he is:

9 comments:

MaBunny said...

Oh wow! congrats!

Vicki said...

Cool! I hope to see the namesakes in the new house!!!

Vicki in GA <><

Anonymous said...

did you ask him if they loved the namesakes?

Theresa said...

Cool. Did you ever hear anything about the namesakes?

The Travel Mom said...

Michelle! Thanks for the e-mail. I am going to follow your blog now more often I just love it! I got to finally, after 6 months of blogging about her meet Kate in New York yesterday. It was cool to home home last night and read your note! She was super sweet and it was worth all the headache it took for me to get there. Please keep reading my blog, I'm going to post pics and tell the story.

I love all that you have put into this page and I will SCREAM if I see your namesakes on TV! I wish I had remembered to ask her about it!

xoxoxoxo

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

Oh wow, how wild is that?! :)

Anonymous said...

I like Jon better than Kate, he seems like a nice, down to earth guy. Kate needs to give him a break.

Anonymous said...

You really want to be friends with her? Why? She uses people then tosses them aside. She probably threw your namesake things in the trash.

Anonymous said...

sad that he was caught red-handed in a bar with coeds near Valentines day.