Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hide the shoes...

Alrighty, I remembered where I was headed with today's blog, I was momentarily stunned by my European visitor and forgot all about the shoe post! But believe it or not as I was surfing (yes, instead of folding the mound of towels that are staring at me) other blogs I came across The Sorensen Family site and low and behold - another child with a shoe obsession!
My two year old has this same affliction as you can see from the photo above. These are the shoes from his Build-A-Bear monkey. He spent all day yesterday cramming as much of his little feet into these shoes and then walking around like a little cross-dresser. Alarmingly, it appears he would be quite secure in heels!
If anyone knows a good 12-step program for this shoe fetish, please let me know!

11 comments:

♥Shally said...

Isn't it funny how some kids just love shoes!! My Serae is a twin, and her sister has no such obsession. It is hard in stores, because Serae heads right for the shoes and tries them all on--then throws a fit when we have to leave.

Thanks for the comment!! I am a blog surfer too... always a great way to procrastinate!

Sherri said...

I love those shoes! Carter has some like it for his monkey's baseball outfit!

Cecily R said...

At least they aren't stilettos!

He's adorable and I can only see his feet!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

It jsut gets worse as they get older. You should see my 8yo's collection of shoes!

Anonymous said...

The positive side is that acting/theatre could be his calling.

Anonymous said...

My 2 year old is very shoe obsessed. I have to put her in a full nelson to get them off oat night! (J/K). She would love to sleep in them though!

Anonymous said...

I have a 2 year old daughter with a shoe obsession (her mamma has one, so she comes by it honestly) but I think that's just built into girls, isn't it? Your son is probably just really secure in is masculinity...good for him at 2 : ) Or he'll grow up and just have really good taste in shoes, which is also good.

Anonymous said...

LOL How cute! When my oldest 2 his obsession was girl shoes. Anything pink and flowery he loved!

regina barnett said...

How cute. When my boys were little they like putting on their dads shoes and waliking around the house with them on.

Unknown said...

This post is too funny. my 2 year old son has a major shoe obsession and he happens to have pretty small feet. We were playing at his Great Grannys one day, who keeps alot of the old toys from the kids in the fam, and he came walking out of the toy room wearing MY Buddy's shoes. He will put on any shoes laying around the house also!

Unknown said...

looks different...ya this happen i my house too....my son always tend to wear my nike shoes whenever iam out of my house....he feel happy wearing them