Monday, May 11, 2009

Mommy Blogger Monday...meet SHAWNA

Well, it's late on Monday and I usually have the MoBlogMo up by 9 am ... but I got a Wii Fit for MOTHER'S DAY and I lost 37 lbs. today! LOL! It was a busy day and with a couple book projects going on... I am out of sync. I apologize!

So, ladies....please grab a latte, pull up a chair and meet Mommy Blogger Extraordinaire, Shawna Coronado!

Warrenville, IL Greening Blog – http://www.gardeningnude.com/,
So, like running three webites isn't enough, Shawna has two children and is a professional writer and speaker. She apparently has found an extra day in her week, because I don't know how to get that much done!
So, Shawna, what do you do in your free time? LOL! Like she HAS free time!
About a year, but I authored a book and wrote a newspaper column for almost five years previous.
And in all that busyness, you found time to start blogging?
I did it to get word about my book and the concept of greening and doing good things in the world out to the public. So, tell us a little about you - besides being SUPERWOMAN, that is!
I live in a small suburb of Chicago, Warrenville, IL with my husband, two girls and a very old and funny little pug named Harry. My career is as a professional writer and speaker, I also fill in some of the financial blanks by working as a Landscape Designer. I have written and published a greening and conservation guide-book called Gardening Nude, which sounds very naughty, but is not. It actually helps answer the question about how to get non-environmental people focused and involved in living a greener lifestyle. Getting my message of better living out is really important to me because I am tired of seeing so many people mean, ungrateful, depressed, and unhappy. Living with a more positive mindset is important and I think will someday save we humans from more suffering. By teaching people it is easy to get started greening by doing one small thing at a time, I believe it becomes easier to understand and therefore, more possible to accomplish. I dream of inspiring people, on a global level, to make a difference and live happier. When I’m not out donating my time or spending time with the kids and husband, you can find me gardening in my own garden with my wacky dog – Harry the Pug.
OK...so she will be on the cover of People as one of The Year's Most Fascinating People...she is a very busy woman and apparently good at EVERYTHING, let's dig a little...maybe she's not a very good mom...let's find some skeletons...shhhhhhh Last year I passed out when I had a bad case of the flu. My daughters knew exactly what to do – they called 911, they called a guardian, they called the cavalry! And when I woke up, my head and feet were propped up and my oldest daughter was taking my pulse while telling the 911 operator all the details. It was amazing. There is an incredibly wonderful moment of pride when you realize your children are more than products of their parents; they are competent souls all on their own.
OH.MY.GOODNESS. Come on, Shawna, make us feel better about ourselves! Give us a situation that will help us to see you as one of us "just regular" moms! There have been many, but the one that stands out at this moment is when, at age 22 I charged into my office and demanded a raise. With conviction and determination I explained why I deserved the raise, why I am the most important person in his life, and why – at age 22 – I was the most mature person in the office. He HAD to give me a raise. He MUST give me a raise! Trembling with excitement I walked back to my desk after he smiled surly and said, “Sure, you can have a raise.” When I got back to my desk I realized my skirt was tucked into the top of my pantyhose and my behind was being flashed to the whole world! AAAAGHHH!!!
What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
Starbucks latte’s – yum!
What do you wish for?
I dream that all people will learn how easy it is to take care of the world and each other a little better.
What do you hate?
War.
Ok...Now I think she is my BEST FRIEND! Up with Starbucks and common courtesy and Down with War? Yep, my new BFF!
Your greatest achievement.
Teaching my children how to be kind and to help others. If you could speak one sentence for the rest of your life, what would it be?
"Life is too short, so for God’s sake people, please be kind to each other." What do you always hope people see on YOUR inside?
Beyond the smooshy twinkie middle? That I genuinely care about making a difference in the world.
Well, Shawna, I was picking on you a bit but it was all in jest. I am honored to have you as a guest on MoBlogMo! You are an amazing woman who is changing the world around her for the better. You are leaving a legacy and the world is a better place because of YOU!
Thanks so much for joining us!
Tomorrow I will have TWO Children's Books highlighted for NATIONAL CHILDREN'S BOOK WEEK!
Come back and see me!
Peace.

2 comments:

Shawna Lee Coronado said...

Thanks for the great interview! Had a wonderful time - WOOT!

Take care and I can't wait to see the children's books info!

Shawna Coronado
www.thecasualgardener.com
www.gardeningnude.com
http://thecasualgardener.blogspot.com

MaBunny said...

Will definitely hop on over and say hi! Shawna sounds like a great lady!