Friday, June 3, 2011

NKOTBSB - I'm on the fence...


So this morning I am enjoying my coffee at the kitchen table with my back to the TV when I find myself grinning and be-bopping to a familiar tune...

"All you people can't you see, can't you see



How your love's affecting our reality


Every time we're down


You can make it right


And that makes you larger than life..."

I thought I was reliving my 8th grade homecoming dance. I was not planning on turning around and seeing the 40+ year old boy bands combined on a stage... I grabbed my sunglasses to sheild my eyes from the boy band bald spots!



Part of me giggles b/c I recognize these "boys" I used to have ridiculous crushes on, but the other part of me is cringing because they sound AWFUL and I feel so embarrassed for them.
I will say, their lyrics have one version - CLEAN! Unlike the Rhianna's S&M performance the Today Show had last week that left me gagging. To watch a 23 year old sing about whips and chains crosses the line for me... so, if it's bald spots and clean lyrics - then more power to them... maybe they could just add a little AutoTune.


1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
The right stuff!

hehehe!

NKOTB was my first concert!!!